November 19, 2019
Chichester High School
(Pending School Board Approval)
3333 Chichester Ave
Boothwyn, PA 19061
Who Should Attend:
Any Interactor or prospective member and Interact Club Advisors!! Rotaracters, Club Liaisons, and any Rotarians wanting to get involved with our youth programs are also welcome.
About The Interact Conference
8:30 am – Project Set-up for those who can come early
9:00 am – Registration & Rise Against Hunger Food Packing
Project (we will pack 10,000 meals!)
11:30 am – Clean up, Lunch
1:00 pm – Plenary session
2:00 pm -3:00
“Break out” tables:
- Leadership & more!
3:00-3:30 – Wrap up and Pop-up Talks
Interact Clubs should try to raise $60 per student to cover the cost of the International Project
TENTATIVE BREAK OUT SESSIONS:
Leadership Breakout Session
The Leadership breakout is for anyone who wants to learn about a leadership techniques.
Service Breakout Session
Learn from your fellow Interacters how they make an impact locally and abroad – and fit service into their very busy schedules! Share your ideas!
Fundraising Breakout Session
Learn how clubs raise funds for their service projects. Share your experience raising money for the Rise Against Hunger project.
Pricing & Registration
- Lunch & Snacks
- Plenary & Breakouts
- 9:00 AM Start
Meal Packing Donation
- WHY??? The lifecycle of a service project includes raising funds to implement the project. We need to COLLECTIVELY raise $3500 to pack 10,000 meals for the hungry. Each Club is encouraged to raise as much as they can! If we can raise $60 per attendee, we are likely to meet the goal of $3500!
- If the club raises more, that’s great! It will help those smaller clubs that don’t raise as much! And if we COLLECTIVELY raise a LOT more, we can pack more meals!!!!
- Bring checks for however much you raise payable to Rotary District 7450
- How is this different than RYLA?
- RYLA is a comprehensive leadership training weekend. This 7 hour conference is intended for Interactors and Rotaractors who can not attend RYLA so that they too can participate in this wonderful International project, and get a chance to meet fellow Interactors and Rotaractors from around the district.
- How many can attend from my club?
- We encourage as many as possible! Our venue this year is large enough that if we have a lot attend and raise more than enough for 10,000 meals, we can pack more!!! The more the merrier!
- What happens if we can’t raise the $60 per attendee?
- The $60 per attendee figure is based on the $3500 it will cost to pay for the food for the 10000 meals food packing with 58 attendees. If your club was not successful at raising this amount, no worries – it is our hope that another club was a bit more successful and can contribute more! It’s called working together – together we’ll support each other and make it work. If we raise more than the $3500, we’ll decide at the conference how to put those funds to good use!
Other Questions? Use the ‘Contact Us’ box below!
Send your consent form to:
District 7450 Interact Conference
PO Box 125
Chester Heights PA 19017
or scan and send to Interact7450@gmail.com